FINE AND COARSE IRON FILLINGS
- Iron filings are very small pieces of iron that look like a light powder.
- They are a great low cost tool for a variety of experiments.
- They are very often used in science demonstrations to show the direction of a magnetic field.
- Two types of iron fillings are available. These include the fine iron fillings which are lead free and the coarse iron fillings.
They are available in plastic jars with different capacities:
- 50g plastic jar with Fine iron fillings
- 250g plastic jar with Fine iron fillings
- 500g plastic jar with Fine iron fillings
- 50g plastic jar with Coarse iron fillings
- 250g plastic jar with Coarse iron fillings
- 500g plastic jar with Coarse iron fillings.
- The low cost of this material and its reusability makes it an ideal choice for magnetism related experiments in various classes across the globe. Further student explorations are readily accomplished by using a variety of magnet types, numbers, locations, polarities, and shapes.