MICROANATOMY OF BONE
- This extremely detailed bone structure model depicts a three-dimensional section of a lamellar bone.
- The bone structure model shows various planes in cross and longitudinal section through all levels of the bone.
- Also a 2-plane section through the inner structure of the bone marrow is seen.
- The typical elements of a lamellar bone are easily identified in this model.
- This model helps to understand its structure and function with the characteristic osteons, also referred to as Haversian systems.
- The model allows a graphic illustration of the interplay of the individual components, such as spongy and compact substance, endosteum, cortical substance, osteocytes, Volkmann and Haversian canals.
- The model is mounted on a base and numbered with an English key card.